Melanie is a Bilingual (English/Spanish) marriage and family therapist, who works with young adults, couples and families. She enjoys helping couples to have more meaningful and healthier relationships by reducing conflicts and increasing intimacy and communication.
Another joy of hers is assisting individuals to feel more confidence and have a better sense of their own value and worth to make better decisions, have a better self-esteem, feel happier and engage in healthier relationships in the future.
Melanie has had the opportunity to work in a variety of settings and work with people of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, gender, and sexual orientations. She likes to empower and motivate my clients to have meaningful balance and happier life, by providing a safe, non-judgmental atmosphere that enhances positive change and increase confidence and self worth.
- Marital and relationship conflicts
- Adolescent and young adult issues
- Depression and anxiety
- LGBTQ issues
- Sexual, physical,verbal/emotional abuse
- Substance abuse
Additional Areas of Practice
EMDR Therapy used for:
- Panic attacks
- Complicated grief
- Disturbing memories
- Stress reduction
- Sexual and/or Physical abuse
- MS in Counseling Psychology (Concentration in Marriage and Family Therapy), California Baptist University
- BA in Psychology, Interamerican University of Puerto Rico